Saturday, October 24, 2009

The memories.

First time in forever that i wrote a poem:

Life travels fast.
Everything changes before I can think, react, absorb.
The present isn't so bad,
But why can’t the past and the present move together?
Side by side,
Hand in hand.
Why do we let go of the old to take in the new?
Is it selfish to want to keep it all?
I miss you.
It hurts to remember.
To think about the places we’ve go, the things we’ve do.
The smiles, laughs, tears,
The memories.
I miss you.
It’s not like I can run away,
Erase my brain and forget every little thing.
It’s not like I would want to.
But everything else in this planet leaves me anyway.
Slips into my past, becomes the memories.
I miss you.
All I wish
Is that we were what we used to be,
The ones who were always together,
Stuck like super glue.
Now it’s not true,
Anymore.
But the memories,
The memories are true.

-I miss junior high. I miss freshman year. I miss you guys.

2 comments:

Connie said...

We can only reminiscent and look forward to the future to make new memories :3 It's not so bad :D

Nana said...

i never knew you could be so positive, connie.(:
LOL