Saturday, January 2, 2010

The entertainment world seems like a scary/pressuring place.

At Annie's place(on Thursday), when we finished making our ice cream, we were watching this reality show that had SHINee in it and the episode of YLBFB with Super Junior-M in it.
( Her sister was watching the 2nd episode of You're Beautiful, and that's what inspired me to start/finish watching the drama over the course of 2.5 days.)
-I started watching it when I got home on Thursday and finished watching it in the afternoon today! :D

Anyway, when i got home that day, i finished watching the last parts of the episode of YLBFB with SJ-M in it. I liked their personalities, and it got me interested in popular korean groups that most teenagers today are crazy over. (boy bands like SJ, SHINee, 2PM, and such...)
I was never really interested in korean groups, although i would occasionally listen to some of the popular songs that everyone seems to know. But i was never a major fan, neither was i particularly interested in them.

But today, after finishing You're Beautiful, i started watching MusicVideos of SJ, 2PM, and SHINee, and i watched their dance moves and actually listened to their songs......

What did I notice?
The guys in all the bands seem to look alike. As in , they generally seem to have the same hairstyle, and they're all pretty/cute/hot.

I'm starting to have an interest in them.

But it kinda makes me sad. THERE ARE SO MANY OF THESE NEW KOREAN BOY BANDS POPPING OUT OF NOWHERE SO FAST. ...and they're all competing for popularity. competing with their looks and talents. Competing over the number of fans they have. Competing over who becomes the best. And it makes me think....They all probably work really hard. They all want to be liked. So what makes crazy fangirls become loyal to one group and...why not ALL of them? what makes them like this one group and not the others? don't you ever wonder what everything looks like through the eyes of famous people?

When i was little, the first thing I thought of being when growing up was to become a teacher (i think everyone has had that phase before) But the next thing i REALLY wanted to be, was a singer/actor. I really, really did. But because of financial issues, I couldnt really take classes for anything....and i was jealous of all those other little kids, taking dance classes, singing lessons, learning how to play instruments.

I remember this one time..it was a new year's party at my cousin's house. She has a piano, and knows how to play it pretty well. She played a song, and everyone praised her for it. My other cousins that were there, they knew how to play too. They all took turns playing a song. Every one of my girl cousins there played a song. Except me. At the time, I really wanted to go somewhere and hide. I was jealous i couldn;t play. Heartbroken that I was the only one wo didn't know how to play. My mom asked if I wanted to learn. I said no, I dont care about those things. Why? because i knew that even if i had said yes, she couldnt do anything about. i know it's not her fault, that she cant afford to let me take lessons for anything.

So from that day on, I kinda just gave up on the idea of wanting to become a singer/actor.......

The entertainment world. I think it's a pressuring and scary place. You can't do anything wrong, because there's always fans watching, reporters stalking, and people waiting for a chance to take you down. There;s the pressure of needing to be perfect, or seemingly perfect. To live up to the expectations of adoring fans.
It's scary. Everyone;s out there. Fighting to become known. To become part of the best.
It's scary. with millions of eyes watching you. watching your every move.
criticized for every wrong action.
run over by crazy fans for every breathtaking smile.

But it still seems nice, doesn't it? To be famous.......

2 comments:

Luminous Fish said...

this made me happy and sad at the same time .

happy cuz youre finally going into k pop :DD
shinee <3333333333333
sad cuz what you said IS , true .

well , i like a lot of idols .
but i guess ill just talk about jonghyun♥
i fell in love with him at the first sight .. i was like "OMG THAT GUY IS SO . FUCKING . MY . TYPE . SO SEXY "
he has a beautiful voice .. listening to his voice makes me smile .
hes really cute and funny .
hes the type that would express his emotions clearly (hes always the one crying first :x)
looking at his pics would make me feel really happy and bubbly .

every group is different ,
they have different stylees ,
for example , 2pm and shinee debuted in the same year , but shinee was aiming for a cute little brother image while 2pm was aiming to be BEASTTTLY IDOLS OH YEAH)
and every member in a group has a unique personality .
and fans love each of thems uniqueness ..
ill use youre beautiful as an example :x
jeremy and minam are both going for the cute image
but jeremy is the happy sunny outgoing cute
while minam was like innocent (retarded :x) pure cute ..
its like WHY ARE YOU FRIENDS WITH THIS PERSON AND THAT PERSON BUT NOT EVERYONE ?

i learned how to play the piano before .. and it was .. gay .
like it felt really good when you can play something well ,
but when youre trying to learn the song and youre practicing over and over again it was really boring .
well , your life isnt determined by anything BUT YOURSELF .
if you really want to be a singer/actress , you should go to the auditions LOLOLOL
or you can take classes when you get money .. or practice yourself .
there are always other ways .

and yes .. the idol groups nowadays in korea are OHDEE competitive .
every single year , there are new groups coming out ..
its really hard to keep up if you dont practice and whatever .
EVEN THE TRAINEES ARE UNDER INTENSE TRAINING ><
especially sm .. worse fucking company ever .
sm is like a fucking slave trader -.-

on the other hand , antis LOLOL .
the more famous you are , the more antis you have .
shinhwa .. dbsk .. sj ..
(sorry that i am using all sm/former sm groups)
a lot of ppl hate them THAT much that they just want the idols to die , and i am not exaggerating .
yunho got poisoned in his soda before .. and more .

netizens like to talk shit over mad stupid stuffs and create a fuss about it ..
example : jaebeom from 2pm
he said "korea is gay .. i hate korea" like 4 years ago
and then netizens found out and then they even started this petition for jaebeom to commit suicide
so jaebeom left korea and went back to seattle .

shit .
this is mad long ..
anyway , yeah .
everyone wants to be famous , everyone wants to have tons of little girls going OPPA SARANGHAE
but its an exchange ..
they sacrificed a lot of their time practicing trying to be better and better ..
they dont get enough sleep ..
they are under slave contracts ..
some ppl dont even have a chance to be famous .. or even debut .
some ppl have to take sleeping pills every day
some ppl are forced to sleep with some dick to get a role ..

every industry has its dark side .
but the entertainmeng industrys one of the darkest one ..

Connie said...

Don't forget all the scandals :O

If you haven't heard, a lot of Korean actresses/models have committed suicide over the course of 3 years (since 2007 I've heard of some.)

You watched You're Beautiful! Isn't it just love? :3 I love Jang Geun Suk!~

I'm not very much interested in Korean music generally... I just don't have time to get into it or keep up but yeah, it's the craze nowadays. My friend recommends B2ST/BEAST and I've heard a lot of people like their music but as for me, I never tried Dx I'm still just into Japanese music and the occasional indie/rock English/American :3

After You're Beautiful, I've actually gotten into Korean Dramas though, the first drama I ever watched was Korean but I'm a bit critical and specific and that's why I tend not to finish any of the Korean dramas I started till You're Beautiful... Like the popular IRIS... not for me =_=

What I admire most of Asian Celebs is that they seems to have beautiful skin (especially Koreans)!! I envy >< Even the 40 year old ahjumma actresses look like they're still in their 30s!

I played the piano for a year when I was in 1st grade and forgot everything. I'm actually attempting to relearn again :/ Not coming along so well.